News related to Rhino and Digital Fabrication [ RhinoFabStudio ]
Rhino + Grasshopper in the Architecture Process Webinar with Arturo De La Fuente for Rhino3D.Education
Rhino3D.Education invites you to a Rhino + Grasshopper in the Architecture Process Webinar with Arturo De La Fuente.
Arturo graduated as an architect from the University of Buenos Aires where he is currently a professor of Parametric Design and adjunct professor in Structures III.
Additionally, he is a professor in Digital Tectonics and in the Architecture and Technology Program at the Escuela de Arquitectura y Estudios Urbanos Universidad Torcuato Di Tella. He has worked on projects such as Custom Design at MSH Group and the expansion of MoMA NYC. In addition, he is a consultant and instructor of Computational Design and Digital Manufacturing in different cities in Latin America.
In this webinar, Arturo will go through the different processes of optimization and problem-solving that he goes through daily in his professional practice as an architect and teacher in the field of computational design.
Date: Friday, December 4, 2020
Time: 11:00 am (EST)
Open to the public with prior registration.
Questions? Contact Lucia Miguel at email@example.com
SABIT, Authorized Rhino Reseller and Training Center has announced a series of training courses in Russia, from General NURBS Modelling to more specialized Jewelry and Architectural Design:
Click on the courses links for more info and registration...
3D CAD Modeller (Rhino)
Marc Newson Ltd
Marc Newson is one of the most acclaimed and influential designers of his generation. He has worked across a wide range of disciplines, creating everything from furniture and household objects, to bicycles and cars, private and commercial aircraft, yachts, various architectural commissions, and signature sculptural pieces for clients across the globe.
• Create and manage the 3D master design model in Rhino for a multi-deck mega yacht project
• Work with internal design team to ensure that the model is both up-to-date and accurate
• Assist with other transport and general design modelling as required
• 12 month fixed-term contract (with potential for renewal)
• London-based studio role (currently work from home, but successful hire must be Londonbased and able to attend studio working sessions on short notice.)
• At least five years’ experience 3D modelling in Rhino. Experience in yacht exteriors, interiors, and furniture is preferred, though not required.
• Experience in managing large data sets
• A comprehensive knowledge of design, work to a high level of dimensional accuracy, and ability to create light surfaces
• Ability to work as part of a team within tight deadlines
• Must have the legal right to work in the UK/sponsorship not available
• Advanced 3D modelling skills, excellent proficiency in Rhino with solid experience in understanding the development processes
• Evidence in the CV of technical detailing
To apply, please send your CV, portfolio and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “3D CAD Modeller” in the subject heading.
Start date: January 2021
Chaos Group has released V-Ray 5 for Rhino, a powerful new update to bring realtime rendering into Rhino and Grasshopper.
V-Ray for Grasshopper is included with V-Ray for Rhino and includes a collection of nodes to support V-Ray geometry, lighting, materials, rendering, and animation. Use Grasshopper's node system to use V-Ray's functions.
Some of the key features are:
V-Ray 5 for Rhino is compatible with Rhino 6-7. For more features and pricing, visit the V-Ray 5 for Rhino product page.
To see some user comments, go to our discourse page.
Python is a well-established component in Grasshopper, it's easy to learn and has a fast programming language. Enroll in this free introductory course and enjoy learning how coding works in Grasshopper!
In this introduction to GhPython course, you will learn the basic components of GhPython like variables, operators, etc. Also, some essential conditionals for loops and while loops. As well as its functions and how to make points, curves, shapes and divide them and how to make complex geometry like snowflakes and anti snowflakes.
Niloofar Zaker is a computational designer who works on parametric modeling in Rhino and Grasshopper with Python. She had a background in architecture, and after several years of working in this field, she believes coding is becoming the language of the near future. She is excited to share her experiences with you throughout the course.
Questions? Contact Niloofar Zaker at email@example.com